Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We Have a Choice

We have a choice! In our day we can choose to be grumpy, happy, sad, mad, full of rage, silly, controling, permissive, full of joy... We have a choice!
We have a choice to follow after God, or follow after man. We have a choice! I can allow pressures to overtake me or I can give them over to God. I can sit in self pity or can stand up and say, "today is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!" I can live in spiritual warfare, oppressed, or I can take my position of authority. I can see others around me as critical but that doesn't mean that they are condemning. I can allow Satan to speak lies or I can soak in the truth.
I am choosing joy. I am choosing truth. I am choosing to love. I am choosing to follow after God, yeilding to the Holy Spirit. I choose to forgive. I choose to move forward. I choose to be a child of the most high God. I choose to listen to His voice over the voice of the world. I purpose, I resolve, I choose!
How about you?

Daniel 1:8 says "But Daniel resolved not to defile himself ..."
Sarah resolved not to defile herself...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who just blogged on this same topic. She was faced with a lump in her breast, and she chose to go on living her life to its fullest while waiting for tests and test results. It turned out to be nothing. It went away with prayers to God.

What an awesome God we have that allows us to make the choice to live our lives to the fullest for his Glory everyday.

Kellie said...

Amen to both of you. Momteacherfriend and the above comment.