Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SUN!

Since November 20th 2005 mid michigan has had some sort of precipitaion everyday until yesterday. Rain, snow, hail; bringing with it gray skies. Sweet Allelulia there is sunshine again. I looked out the window this morning and was overjoyed to see the sun actually shining. We have had a brief glimpse here and there but not nearly enough. Does anyone remember that movie were there was solid rain for seven years and only an hour of sun? What was the name of that? Anyway, get out and enjoy it while it lasts. We may go for a walk, perhaps a bike ride. If nothing else get out of your chair and go at least look out the window, you never know it could be gone again tomorrow.

3 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

I love google!
I found the name of the movie. All Summer in a Day. The following link is the short story from which the movie was taken. Heartbreaking. If you have a moment read it. http://www.intermed.it/bradbury/Allsummer.htm

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you guys finally got some sun!! I guess I take it for granted as we get over 300 days of sunshine. Sometimes when it's cloudy, I thank God for the change and remember home. :) I brought warmer weather with me at Christmas, but the sun didn't want to follow. I tried.
Last weekend, it was 70 and sunny - ahhh...it was like spring! Yesterday was the first day I wore a coat since mid December!

Anonymous said...

Here’s the Hummus Recipe.

Its not much different from every other recipe online. As I mentioned, my only secret is “True Lemon.” I found it at Kroger. Its basically lemon concentrate (crystalized form.) Fresh garlic is a must to me, too.

spicy lemony hummus

two cans chick peas drained
a few tablespoons lemon juice (enough juice to blend it)
two-five cloves garlic
about a tablespoon or two of tahinni
some salt
some cayenne pepper
a bit of paprika
three packets of "true lemon" (crystalized lemon)
A bit of olive oil (optional)

blend with metal blade in food processor until smooth

--Karen Taylor

This was the "secret." Its really rather silly. I told the ladies I would put the hummus recipe in your blog--kinda a silly little off topic response to a post.
So they have to search your blog, and you hopefully chuckled, what is this? Why is there a recipe in response to a sunny day walk? After all that hype you're expecting something really funny. Its not THAT amusing. . .