Thursday, January 05, 2006

His Eye Is On the Sparrow

Last night while out with Melissa I picked up the CD Selah Greastest Hymns. I love it!! It ministers to me so. Beautiful voices to beautiful and moving songs. The visiting pastor last Sunday shared a song about a man playing in a coffee shop when he noticed a lady singing along swaying to the music. After the song she came up and said I hope you don't mind me singing along. The man replied no, not at all. It is a pleasure. Then asked if she would like to sing the next song. She asked if he knew any hymns. He smiled and said he was raised on them and to pick one. She said no too many to choose...you pick. After some thought he chose His Eye Is On the Sparrow. She was suprised by his choice but as the music played she sang out and captivated all in the coffee shop. At the close they received much applause. As the other patrons went back to their lattes and conversations she asked why that song. He replied something along the lines of it felt like the one. To which she said that was my daughters favorite song. She was 16 years old and had died the week before......coincedence? Like the pastor said....God appeared in the life of those two at the coffee house and they may have been the only ones there that noticed.
I left church longing to hear that song. I turned on the radio hoping to hear it...but it wasn't on. I have seen Selah in concert 3 times. And I recalled them singing the great hymn. I hummed the refrain over and over. When I saw it in the bookstore it was balm for the soul. The whole CD is incredible. Definately recommend it! I can't wait until they are back in town so I can go see them again.

3 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

I checked Selah's touring schedule and the closet concert this year is
Friday, 2006-01-27
Allen Park Municipal Auditorium
18650 Southfield Rd.
Allen Park, MI
(313) 218-0618
I called and tickets are $10 for general seating. Let me know if you are interested in going. I am going to try and work out childcare so I can go.

momteacherfriend said...

Kristin- The new CD has Amazing Grace....remember when they sang it after the concert for us in the lobby.
And the time Deej sang back up. LOL

One thing I know....GOOD TIMES!

Anonymous said...

Deej still talks about that show... :) I bought that CD for him (us) and it is awesome!