Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sudoku

I do it in the bathroom, online, my daily sudoku calander puzzle. I print off puzzles and seek out more challenging puzzles. If my mind is idle for a bit it randomly places numbers into an imaginary puzzle. I dream about it as I fall off to sleep. Addicted...perhaps. Is is consuming me to the point of no self-control...not yet. I find it is filling a void in my life. I need to engage my mind. I need to be challenged and to think in ways beyond what to feed the family. I have always been a competitive person; I love stradegy. I even like numbers. It's how I am wired. I was born to enjoy Sudoku. So enjoy it I shall. I have long thought that using your noggin prevented alzheimer's. I have read some cool articles over the last couple days that support this. Here is an article for you to read and another aimed at kids but has intersting facts. It shows that the more you use it (your brain) the less likely you are to lose it. So now I have justification to continue in my craze....with balance of course. Everything in moderation. Here are some sites I have enjoyed.
websudoku.com play online (gives you statistics, shows average solve times) or print
boldts.net has nonomino sudoku puzzles which are 9 groups of 9 cells in irregular shapes. My new fav. boldts also has nearly a million regular sudoku puzzles as well. Must print.

I have included these links on the side of the blog for easy access.
So what are you waiting for...go engage your brain. Make and keep neural connections. Prevent Alzheimer's Disease. Or simply satisfy your addiction.

1 comment:

heather j said...

Dan has recently joined the Sudoku craze!! He is absolutely addicted too:) But it frustrates him at the same time!! I can't seem to jump on bored yet, but I have lots of other stuff that is still stimulating my mind (seeing as how this is only my 3rd day home alone with the kiddo).