Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dreamer

Dreamer: Inspired by a true story

This weekend I watched this movie at the hotel. The room was actually cheaper to go with the movie package (???) so Friday night with DD sound asleep DS and I set out to watch a movie. There was MANY to choose from. In the end it was between Fever Pitch and Dreamer. I had wanted to see Fever Pitch(PG-13) with Drew Berrymore when it was in the theater. But it is rare I actually make it to the theater. I ended up choosing Dreamer; it looked kid friendly and was rated PG. It was such a delightful and refreshing movie. Ben Crane (Kurt Russel) and Cale Crane (Dakota Penning) are a father and daughter who live on an empty horse ranch. That is until they take in an injured horse. It is a story of family, faith and responsibility. The filming is breathtaking, rich characters and great morals. I most definately give it my recommendation.

Upon going to their site I was further impressed. They intentionally made this a family friendly film. There are activities to do as a family. Small group discussions with scripture and biblically sound material. Way to go DreamWorks! It is not that often that a movie with such quality and values come together. It does the heart good to see something like this come out of Hollywood.

So if you haven't already seen it, go rent it. Your in for a treat.

5 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

I just found out this will be released on Feb 14th. So two weeks wait...but worth it.

Anonymous said...

We've seen it --- it is excellent!

Anonymous said...

I tried to go see it with the girls, but they chose "Chicken Little" instead. I know they'll love it when we rent it. I was drooling over the previews!!!

Kari said...

I haven't seen it, but I did see Fever Pitch and thought it was hilarious. I really liked it.
I can't remember honestly if it's "kid friendly". I haven't gotten into the habit when I watch movies to see it from a child's perspective.

Mindy Richmond said...

That habit will come quickly, Kari. Once you have a child in your home (whether it's yours or not) your kid radar kicks in pronto. If not when they're babies, at least by the time they start talking and asking questions like, "Why is that man on tv bleeding?" ;)