Sunday, January 15, 2006

Joy and Sorrow

Last night I had such a great time playing games with my girlfriends. In the end I laughed so hard I cried and my abdominal muscles felt like they had a workout. Thank you to all my ladies. You bless me!
Today at church we had trauma. DS was running down the hallway and tried to go around two ladies; hitting full force into a sign-in sheet platform. He hit it so hard it ripped off the wall. He has a gash under his right eye. We checked it out atUrgent Care and fixed it up with strips to keep the wound closed. He was a trooper, hesitant but overall co-operative. There is a strong possability he will have a scar. Doh
On a happier note: Kasi is doing very well. We are pleased with her temperment; calm and loving. Potty-training is going great! She does miss her mama, at night she cries for her. I have been laying down next to her crate, turning on the sound machine to heartbeat and gently saying her name when she whimpers. Once asleep she sleeps through the night. A plus for us. I know she is going to be a great fit for our family bringing us much joy in the years to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Josh! Still, a scar can be "cool" for little boys!

Kasi is adorable. Deej and I have 2 6-month old black labs who look exactly like her! They are amazing. Try a hot-water bottle or a warm blanket and she may go to sleep faster. Our pups are cuddlers too! Take care and congratulations on the new addition! :)

momteacherfriend said...

Hey Vicki- Last night was much better. She went to sleep in less than 10 minutes, with minimal whimpering. And I didn't have to lay next to the crate. I would love to meet your puppies, perhaps a playdate is in order.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to add Kasi to www.dogster.com
Auggie is on there...his website is:
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=148019&j=t