Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Job' Friends

I mentioned I am back in my study on the fruits of the spirit. This morning's study I was reading in the book of Job. For those of you not familiar with Job's story I will recap for you. (The complete and unabridged version is found in the book of Job.) Job is a successful business man, blameless and upright before God. He has much wealth; servants, flocks, family, a relationship with God. One day Satan goes to the Lord and questions wether Job would bless the Lord if he lost it all. The Lord consents to the trail saying do not touch Job but everything he has is now in Satans hands. He loses his flocks, his servants, his children. In mourning he still praises the name of the Lord. Satan comes before the Lord again and says skin for skin, strike his flesh and surely he will curse you. The Lord consents telling Satan he must spare his life. Job is afflicted with painful sores from head to toe. Still he does NOT curse God. Yet he becomes full of despair.

Now here is the part I want you to take notice of: Three of Job's friends come to comfort him. When they see him they began to weep and mourn. "Then they sat on the ground with him for SEVEN DAYS and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was."(2:13) When Job did speak it was words of despair but not cursing.

Where are you? Are you in moments of peace or turmoil? Are you in the midst of a storm, that you are finding hard to stand up in? Take comfort my friend. The Lord your God is with you wherever you go! He is with you in times of joy and in sorrow. He has also placed people in your lives that can be with you in your hard times; your darkest hours. Now your friends may not always offer the best advice...just as Job's friends. My prayer is that each of you would be drawn back to the Lord. That you would be able to Praise his name in all things. Draw near to Him. For true peace can come only from Him.

Remember your not alone....I am here if you need me.

2 comments:

Sooze said...

Thanks Sarah!! You don't know how much that applies to me! You are a blessing! I looove reading your blog!

Kellie said...

Sara, What a heart you have opened to the HOLY SPIRIT. Thank you so much. I love you.
Kellie