Friday, September 15, 2006

Invasion

It had been a few weeks since we mowed the yard. A combination of schedule and weather left the grass to grow. It was overdue yesterday when the weather was dry enough to get it done. Unfortunately, as it grew it became ideal habitat for some nasty little pests. As I moved closer to the house on the rider I noticed I was stirring up some bugs. Each time as I passed by I had to shoo them away. What started out as a hundred turned out to be a thousand which then became tens of thousands of flying ants. I can't count to a gazillion but there may have been a gazillion. It was ridiculous. They had truly taken over my yard. At times I could hardly see through the swarm. It was like a Hitchcock movie. Invasion. Not of aliens. Flying ants. I decided to decalre war on the them. I got out a can of ant sprayer. Call me an ant bully. I went into the enemies camp and begin to spray like no other. They dived at, they flew into my hair and some stung me. Annoying. They were so thick I had to run in, head down, spray like mad, batting away with the other hand. I would retreat. Plan my attack, then go in again. I killed thousands, thousands lived. I hope I sent a message that will send them off to a far away land.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had that same issue yesterday afternoon! All of a sudden we had SWARMS of them near our gate. They were "gone" by nightfall...I didn't see them this morning. Yuck.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I think those might have been swarming termites, S. You might ought to have it checked out if you don't already have your house sprayed for them. They can be really bad news.

Hope you and S and P are having a good visit. S and P....made me thing of salt and pepper, LOL. :-)

BTW, is Sue doing any better with her neck? I wondered if travelling would make it harder on her. :-)

Ms. Kathleen said...

Ohhh-- that sounds horrifying! Do termits stink though? We have had a major wasp problem around here lately. Not thousands but enough to make me wary when walking out the door.

Jada's Gigi said...

Well, I certainly can envision that! and I'm laughing pretty hard! :) You must have looked like a female kamikazi....go get em sistah!

Jada's Gigi said...

Well, I certainly can envision that! and I'm laughing pretty hard! :) You must have looked like a female kamikazi....go get em sistah!

Seeker4Christ said...

I heard about that up there. We had a HUGE problem with yellow jackets. I got stung 4 weeks ago, and part of the venom is still affecting and itching my arm. Read about it in my blog. :)