Monday, July 17, 2006

Steps

I was praying this morning, "Lord show me what steps to take right now." There is so much brewing in my head. Things that I know will come. Things I know I need to do. But I DO NOT want to get ahead of Him. Hence the prayer. What is He calling me to do RIGHT NOW? What steps am I to be taking this very day? The answer... I feel like I am suppose to continue with fervor in the 90 days through the bible. There is an urgency to it. Step 1 complete each days reading. So how am I doing in that? I have read Genesis 1 through Numbers 8 in 10 days. I had two days where I did half readings. God continues to amaze me with what He is showing me. Step 2 is to continue purging my home. He does expect me to get through my whole home before the free sale. This means I have to keep at it. I have the bathroom, bedroom and shed to complete as well as fine tuning some of the others. Step 3 pray continuosly. Be in prayer. Take a few minutes here and there to connect and pray. An hour at a time is not realistic right now. So I am doing a few minutes here and there. Training the kids, that mom is going to pray for a few minutes. Spend a few minutes and then return. This time will grow. Some of my time will be in my room with the door shut. Other moments are as I put away the dishes or am going through things. The key...is for me to pray. Obedience in all things, one step at a time. That's where I am at.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I saw your comment over at Cheryl's Treehouse! I did the purging thing the beginning of last year....just finished that last yard sale,, earlier this year. You made me chuckle...this post could have been written by me.

Gina Conroy said...

This was a good reminder to not get ahead of God. My brain's been moving ahead as well.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm feeling antsy about getting my purging done, too. Working on it as I can, though. Some days I go at it full blast, and others I work for an hour or two here and there. I won't be satisfied until it's done, now that I've actually got started on it.

Keep at it, S, you'll get there. :-)

Anonymous said...

like Gina said, i have to remember not to get ahead of God...

Kellie said...

I love how you go full force for a time then you reel it in and re organize. Great job dear.