Monday, July 10, 2006

Do You Smell the Roses?

I nearly forgot to post about this and the Lord reminded me this morning. Friday night at Vision's the worship time was over and I found myself talking with a gentleman. He shared with me his testimony, where he has been and the work God is doing in his life. I then shared with him my testimony. He asked questions, some I could answer, others I could not. So I called over another gentleman. After further discussion we decided to pray for him. We went to a private place, with no one else around. There were 4 of us in the room. My friend began to interceed for the man. Incredible! At the conclusion of the prayer, the other man that had been with us, praying and interceeding as well. Looked at the man we had prayed for and asked him "Do you smell the roses?" Now, that's a funny question to ask. I smiled. Then it hit me, the overwhemling and beautiful scent of ROSES! Now mind you there is no one else in the room. The scent had not been there prior. No one sprayed any room deodorizers. Yet there was indeed an undeniable scent of roses. So I asked my friend about it. He said that years ago he was in classes when the instructer would ask, do you smell the roses? His instructer would do this from time to time and my friend and another guy would joke about it. Then one day when the instructer asked, do you smell the roses, it hit them; the scent of bouqets of roses. He said I believe the Lord smells like roses! After Friday night, I agree. For the presence of the Lord was there and that place smelled like Roses! Sweet beautiful roses!

No comments: