Tuesday, August 05, 2014

#26 Florentine Meatballs with a Bonus

 The day stated out perfectly, reading a book, cover to cover. I had the kids do some school work today to refresh their memories on what school is like. Ha!

A couple of weeks ago I came across a recipe on facebook that called my name, followed by the words, "Eat me!" The recipe Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups.
When we saw that today was meatballs only I decided now was the time for the lasagna roll ups.
This picture is both the floretine meatball and lasagna roll up ingredients.
 Amazingly, I had everything on hand except one of the ricotta and italian blend cheese. Woot woot! The tomatoes were also fresh for sweet girl's garden. The first red ones of the season.
DD made the meatballs while I worked on the roll ups.
 #26 Florentine Meatballs+
The meatball sauce was cheesy and full of flavor. The salad was from yesterday's lunch from Zaytoon, yum! Thumbs up on all three.

Oh happy day! I think I will go read another book.
-Mom



I like the lasagna. But I didn't really like the meatballs or the sauce.
-DD

No comments: