Monday, January 15, 2007

Tcherkessia?

Tcherkessia
L Mayim
L Coupe
3 Point Turn
R Coupe

R Rock Step
L Rock Step
Balances
L Mayim
Hassidic
3 Point Turn

Before yesterday the above would have been some unknown language that I would have not a clue as to what it meant. And still today I am learning the terms that go with the movement. The above are dance steps to two of the dances I learned yesterday at the Davidic dance workshop. The songs Hallelu and A Song Shall be Heard were two of the dances that we were taught. Our church is in the birthing stages of developing a davidic dance troupe. Dancing like David danced (with our clothes on, thank you) Taking traditional Jewish dances and praising God with dance.

Yesterday a dance troupe from Grand Rapids braved the snow storm and came in to perform some of their dances as well as teach us some things as well. It was beautiful watching them move as they praised the Lord.

I do not know where exactly this will lead. I do feel like I will be a part of the dance that is beginning in my church. I don't know how to explain it except to say that as I watched them, it was as if I already knew the dance. They were doing things that I have been doing in my living room as the Lord has been teaching me how to dance. To see it come together as a group and see it play out was very cool for me. I am excited as to what the Lord is doing through the dance.

4 comments:

Bek said...

OH! i'm so excited for you! i went to a davidic dance workshop last year. and the group "moriah ministries" i believe had helped a woman launch her own group in michigan - wonder if this is the same group. i was SO SO blessed by the authentic praise and from-the-heart worship. as well as learning the moves that David (and possibly Jesus) did! wow, your church is thinking of starting a davidic dance troup!? this is wonderful.........blessings with this!!!!!!

Sarah Smith said...

Very cool - coupes and balances are ballet moves, too.

So, when do we get to see the video of this? I'm totally interested in seeing what this is all about...

Karen Hossink said...

Whew! I'm glad to hear you're dancing like David danced - with your clothes on! My husband was a little concerned when he saw the ad in the bulletin for a Davidic dance workshop...That naked dancing thing seemed a little over the top. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I saw the advertisement at church. Glad you were able to go and that it bless you so much.