Saturday, December 30, 2006

Operation CAN Update

It is now 2 weeks into Operation Can and things are going great. There will be no official weigh in today it will be tomorrow when we all get together for New Year's Eve. My home scale indicates I have lost another 2 pounds making a total of 4 pounds in two weeks (20% of my goal.)

Workouts: Everyday this week including Monday. I woke up early Christmas morning so after my prayer time I went downstairs and did 20 minutes on the treadmill. The rest of the week was at the YMCA mixing up my cardio between the bike, tread and some cycle step thingy (real technical I know.) With cardio being 20 minutes with cool down. I also added weight training to my workout this week. Focusing on different muscle groups each day. This is new territory for me. I can tell you I feel ALL my muscles. I love the feeling of productivity. If I am feeling it, it means it is doing something. Because my focus is on being in shape to dance, stretching is playing a huge part in my workout time, beginning and ending with it.

Eating: This is going great. I have increased my vegetable intake by about 400%. My water intake is up and my sweet intake is down. The Holy Spirit has been designing my meals and I can say, I am amazed. He has shown me how to put different things together, scrumdidiliumptious! I am venturing out in stir-fry making both steak and chicken stir-fries this week. Good stuff. I really have been trying to listen to the Holy Spirit on what to eat, how much and when including sweets, which I do eat. Amazingly enough I am able to take two small pieces of a chocolate bar and put the rest back in the fridge for another day. This has helped me curb the sweet desire without going overboard.

Sleeping and Waking: My goal is to be to bed around 10pm. I woke up every weekday when the Lord woke me. Only once did I have to convince myself to get up. Last night I went to Visions so I did not get home until after midnight. Then I read a chapter of my current read (Troubled Waters, thanks Gina!) finally turning in at 1am. The Lord did wake me sometimes around 6am, I however did not get out of bed until 7:59am. Little girl got out of bed 2 minutes later so it made quiet time a challenge. I opted for praying walking around after I made the kids breakfast. Perhaps later I will get to sit down and read some of the Word.

Operation Can has been blessing me. I see myself getting healthy and strong. It is happening. I know I will reach my goals. I can and I will. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still feel bad about waking you up the other night sfter midnight. ... SORRY

Karen Hossink said...

Good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff! Way to go Sarah! and way to go GOD!

Isn't it neat how God can be a part of even the smallest of details like your "meals" and giving you ideas? I think that is so awesome. Keep it up!