Tuesday, December 19, 2006

UPDATE: Please Pray For My Mom

My mom is having surgery tomorrow, Wednesday the 20th. She has some blockage in her heart. The doctors will determine the best course of action once they are in surgery. This may mean outpatient if blasted or an overnight stay if stints are needed. Her surgery begins at 8amEST. Please pray for the medical team as well. Thank you!

Those checking in today, I will update as I have news. I know my mom cherishes many of you, her online community. Thanks for praying.

UPDATE:
Prayers have been answered! Glory to God! At about 8:15 Mom was wheeled into surgery, at 8:45 the doctor was already complete and going over the results. They did not need to put her under. She was alert during the whole procedure. Which ended up being a heart catheter, no balloon, no stints! During the procedure the doctor asked my mom, "So you have people praying for you?" To which she replied yes. He said his job goes a whole lot easier when people are praying. Mom told him people were not only praying for her but for the whole room, which brightened the hearts of all, one even gave an "Amen sister." Mom also went on to share with him that it was not just local prayer but national and international prayer as well. Which we are very thankful for. As the doctor completed he looked at her, not finding the damage that they had anticipated and told her, "Looks like your prayers have been answered." How awesome is that? Mom will be home later this afternoon. Those wishing to share a prayer, praise or warm wishes may do so in the comments of the post.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!! God bless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I will pray for your mother. You have prayed on my behalf so many times.

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray right now for momteacherfriend's mother and family. Be with her during surgery tomorrow, be with the family keep them calm and patient. Also be with the physicians to make the right decision, keep their hands steady. Be with momteacherfriends mother during recovery, may it be short, and healthy. In Jesus Name...Amen.

This Journey of Mine said...

Father,

You are an awesome God. You are creative. You are giving. You are the One and Only. And You ARE the Great Physician. We praise you.

Lord, right now, MTF's mom is having surgery. Lord, I pray that you will guide the doctors hands. That you will give them wisdom. And I pray that you will heal her heart completely.

Bring peace into the waiting room. And if family has gathered together, may the time waiting be fun and full of good conversations!

Lord, I pray for quick healing, for MTF's mom. May she be able to do more then the doctors expected. May she have new energy.

Lord, you have made this day. May we all walk in You, as Your will is done!

In your precious Son's name, we pray,
Amen

This Journey of Mine said...

Praise the Lord! I am so glad to hear that she is doing well and that they did not find anything substantial! God is awesome.

Pray for rest and relaxation for the rest of the day! ANd a glorious Christmas full of health!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get your post in time to pray for the surgery....but I was so excited as I read the end of the post (update). PRAISE GOD!

It's so neat to see how the doctors and staff recognized the power of prayer - the power of our Almighty God! Your mom sounds like an amazing woman of faith with confidence in Christ to share her hope and faith ---and to give God the glory!!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I got here late so I saw the update. What wonderful news! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD!! Just read your post and update and I'm so happy all went well! What a powerful witness to God's power and healing. I've got chills just reading this post and thinking about how God worked in this.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, S. :-)

Diane

I had to sign in as Anonymous before it would let me post a comment. Demon Blogger....grrrrr...!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Praise GOD!! Just read your post and update and I'm so happy all went well! What a powerful witness to God's power and healing. I've got chills just reading this post and thinking about how God worked in this.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, S. :-)

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I"m so glad that your mother's news is good! The power of prayer should never be underestimated!