Friday, December 08, 2006

Inspiration

Last night, our family went to a sports bar for dinner. My hubby played darts as the kids and I played a couple video games while we waited for our food. As we waited a story on the TV caught my eye. It just happened to be College Football Awards night on ESPN. And the story was about the recipient of the 2006 Spirit Award; Patrick Henry Hughes. Wow! Patrick was born with no eyes or the ability to fully strengthen his arms or legs, leaving him unable to walk. When Patrick was very young his parents observed his love for music and would often sit down with him at the piano. It did not take long to realize he had a gift for music. His story is amazing, I highly recommend clicking on this November article from ABC and watching the video clip on the left. This father son relationship is one to truly admire, they are both an inspiration. His father works the night shift so he can attend all of Patrick's college classes, band practices and football games. They are an incredible team. Go watch their story now, it will move you. I know it did me, I found myself flooded with tears as the waitress brought our food. Yes, it is really that touching.

1 comment:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

He is AMAZING, isn't he? :-)