Monday, December 18, 2006

Operation CAN!!!

All things are possible for me because I am a believer. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I CAN!
This is what I will be telling myself daily, many times a day for the next 16 weeks. As a small group we have decided to join together and strive to reach our physical goals. Inspired by the biggest loser, we are entering into 16 weeks of encouraging one another, weigh ins and healthy life change. We could call it the biggest loser but I personally do not want to confess being a loser. Conquerer YES!!! Loser, I am not. So in my own mind I have entitled this time Operation CAN!!! I will tell my flesh, you can rise early to pray. Flesh, you can eat that which brings life to my body. Flesh, you can refrain from eating that which does not. Flesh, you can move about. Flesh, you can exercise without complaint. Flesh, you will read the Word. Flesh, you will have balance. Flesh, you can drink water and plenty of it. Flesh, hello, I am bringing you under control.
I am listening to a teaching series by Keith Moore called How To Reach Your Physical Goals. In it he is teaching me, Wow! He says in that teaching we need to control the flesh and we need to say to it..."Flesh, you sleep when I say sleep, you rise when I say get up, you eat when I say eat and what I say, you don't when I say you don't." In the last 24 hours I have begun to practice this and I CAN say that WOW, it works.
For the last month or so, I have been struggling to wake up in the morning. The Lord would wake me, I would say good morning Lord and then roll over and go right back to sleep. I would sleep until the kids woke up, meaning I was lacking alone time with God. No longer! I will keep my body under control. And I will tell it to rise when the Lord wakes me. It is breaking habits, strongholds. It is a spiritual issue more than a physical one. But I will be victorious. The last two mornings I have been victorious. I have had to yell at myself to get up, repeatedly. But the flesh did respond and I did not fall back asleep. I did get up to pray, to read and excersize. WooHoo!!
This next 16 weeks I will be focusing and diligent both in spiritual things and the physical. I will get my body in shape. I will eat healthy. I will bring my weight to what is ideal for me. I will increase my endurance so that I can dance for the Lord without getting tired. I am going to do it because it needs to be done. And because I CAN!!!

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.


All things are possible for me because I am a believer. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I CAN and I WILL!!!


3 comments:

mommyofangels said...

What encouragement! Ok, I need to start taking control of my body as well. I've started walking 20 minutes a day at work. And when I move, and get my dog back, I will take her on walks as well.

Anonymous said...

I have also been struggling with getting up in the morning. I really needed to read this today! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

WOW! Good luck with your goals! You seem like such a spiritual person...I can connect with you on so many levels...I too believe that through Christ anything is possible!