Friday, December 29, 2006

Vision and Desire

This has been the theme of the week. It started Saturday morning when I put in CD #4 of Reaching Your Physical Goals. Vision and desire. I took notes, pausing the CD on chapter 11. I went to my brother-in-laws home church and the sermon for the day...Write the Vision. All about vision and desire. So all week I have been praying through my heart's desire and envisioning my future. I finished the remainder of the teaching on disk 4 and listened to it again. This morning I sat down and began to write out the desires of my heart. I got a good start to my list and hope to finish it tomorrow. After I wrote my list I checked bloglines and had to smile when I read this from June and Ward. I tell you it is the theme of the week.
The desires of my heart:
To yield daily to the Holy Spirit
To wake, eat, sleep, clean and play by the Spirit
To have control over my flesh
To spend 20 minutes daily in prayer
To be in the Word daily
To finish reading through the Bible
To weigh 140 lbs
To eat healthy
To have a presentable and hospitable home
To use computer time effectively
To meditate and memorize scripture
To dance for the Lord
To play my flute
To grow in encouraging others (prophecy)
Freedom to sing, dance and play flute in front of others
For boldness to pray over others
To see healings
To see people set free
To see more friends, family and people around me come to know the Lord
For my faith to increase
For the fruits of the Spirit to multiply in my life and be evident
To bless others with our finances
To see a need and be able to meet it
Wisdom and understanding
For a pure heart (holy and righteous)
To stand firm
To speak truth
To respect my husband
To honor him with my words and actions
To meet his needs spiritually, physically and emotionally
For open communication
A healthy marriage in all things

That was the list for today. To close I will leave you with a few scriptures on vision and desire.

Habakkuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

Proverbs 10:24 The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.

Psalm 37:3-5 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Psalm 145:16-19 Thou openest thine hand, and satisfies the desire of every living thing.
17The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
19He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

Proverbs 13:19a The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul

How sweet it is, indeed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. We share some common goals.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to visit that link. Great list!
(sorry I haven't talked to you lately, we're at my parents house for the week)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I don't have a written list, but my mental list looks a lot like yours. :-)

And the duck on my blog resembles a mallard, but it isn't one. There were both drakes and female mallards there and I'm very familiar with them. We've even raised them on our farm when I was a kid. This duck is huge, almost as big as the geese, and doesn't have the other coloring of a mallard drake.

There are some Muscovy ducks there, too, although I didn't get pictures of them.

I guess I need to Google it and try to identify the mystery duck. :-)

Good luck with your list, S. :-)