Tuesday, December 13, 2005

People Not Like Me

Through reading other's blogs and living life in general, I am keenly aware of others that are not like me. In saying so I mean not everyone shares my beliefs or practices. DUH and Thank God! God created diversity and it is to be celebrated. Sometimes I am so caught up in MY way of thinking and doing things that I can overlook much from others. In reading other people's blogs it has helped me to understand other's more deeply. I have been some interesting places over the last couple week's. In the mind's of other's that is. I have read of a bisexual/queer man's inner struggle, he attended many ex-gay's meeting's with evangelical males. He shared his thoughts quite candidly and I respected his honesty. I have journeyed with a lady who is wrestling with God as she sorts through the peices of her broken life, scarred by abuse, longing to be whole in Christ. I have met a Pharisee. So caught up in law of the Bible she attacks other believers with differing views. I could not help thinking all day yesterday what benefit there would be if she spent time with those she bashed. For instances she is highly against Willow Creek and Saddleback Churches for there seeker sensitivity. Over and over I thought of Christ and how he came to seek and save the lost. He did unconventional things. He spoke to prositutes and ate with tax collector's. The Pharisee's scoffed. I wondered if this lady sat down with Rick Warren or Bill Hybles if she would she their heart. Or if her agenda would blind her from seeing two men who whole heartedly love their Lord and do what they feel the Spirit is leading them to do...as unconventional as it may be. There are many other lives I have peeked into over the last couple week's too many to name but with each life I am refined. I enjoy learning from other's and I prefer the non confrontational approach. While reading their blogs I am able to learn without judging or being judged...it has been good for me. And many times it has led me to prayer. So in closing I will continue to read, continue to pray and continue to grow. Someboby say Hallelulia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halleluia! AMEN SISTA!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
One of your best and most thoughtfull yet. You do me proud.