Friday, December 16, 2005

Heart's Desires

My brother-in-law shared a teaching he had received a few years ago in regards to the desires of your heart. Every year (anytime) he sits down and spends some time in prayer and reflection. During that time he writes down the desires of his heart. Some things are spiritual, some are material, whatever it is he writes it down. I think he said he has been doing this for 3 years and in that time he has seen God's amazing faithfulness.
So sometime in the next couple days I want to sit down and write out the desires of my heart. I trust it will serve as a memorial of God's goodness. I look forward to seeing his provision.
The desires of my heart:
To be led by the Spirit
To daily spend time in the Word
Develop more consistant prayer time
Orderly house
Obedient children
Guidance in raising the kids
Healthy communication
Healthy happy marriage
For DH to travel less on business
1000 square foot garage
Debt Free
6 months living expenses in savings
To be relevant
Producing good fruit
DS to learn to read
Children to grow in knowledge
Excellent health for my family
DD to understand Christ and know him more
DD to potty train
Hot air balloon ride
Travel more as family
....
....
This is the start of my list, it is sure to grow.
I encourage you to make your own list of the desires of your heart. Whether it be 20 things or 150; write them down.
Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooohhhhhh Sarah.....that Proverb I think I just might have to print, laminate and post all over my house! LOL I like like like that one! Good idear on the writing things down too!

Miss ya,
Bridget