Friday, April 18, 2008

Attention Southside

For those of you living on the South side of Lansing the following information may be of interest to you.

This Saturday, April 19, 2008 from 1-3pm at the Fire Station on the corner of Jolly and Pleasant Grove there will be a community meeting.

The topic of discussion? The Benjamin Davis Park Trail, Information and Design.

I don't know about you but health and fitness are one of my passions. So when I heard about the proposal for Benjamin Davis I was thrilled. Don't know what I'm talking about? Let me fill you in. There is a 4 part proposal to improve the park and connect 19 city and county parks to the river trail.

Phase 1
12ft shared use asphalt path around clear perimeter of Davis Park.

Phase 2
Reclaim rustic trail through Davis Park woodlot.

Phase 3
12ft shared use asphalt path connecting Davis Park with Southside Community Center (located within Harry Hill) and extensions north to Jolly rd and South to Miller.

Phase 4
12ft shared use trail along Consumers Energy Right of Way from Waverly to Aurelius. This will connect 5 neighborhood parks in south Lansing to the River Trail on Sycamore Creek near Jolly and Aurelius.

I am excited about these proposals as it would allow us access to many miles of running and biking paths. I plan on attending the meeting. I hope to see you there.

To RSVP or for more information contact: South Lansing Community Development Association at 374-5700 or email SLCDA@comcast.net

No comments: