Monday, August 28, 2006

The Weekend and a Prayer

It was brought to my attention that I had not blogged since Wednesday! Silly me. Thursday, was busy setting up for the free sale but not before going up to the hospital and smooching on my new nephew. Friday was the free sale. We had lots of new stuff. Blessed many people. I noticed this time that some peole were lonely and really needed someone to talk to. I had three in particular that I talked to for half hour or more. About their lives, their struggles and how they get by. At the end we still had alot of stuff, so we donated it to Goodwill.
Saturday, I dropped off tables to the church and goods to the mission store. Then it was some one on one with little girl before she headed out to sleep-over at grandmas. The boys went fishing, caught lots of fish. Threw most of them back but kep three. DS was oh so excited. He learned to bait his own hook, take the hook out and string up the fish. He also thought it was the best fish ever. When the boys returned, we met grandma at the new babies house. So hubby got to meet his new nephew, although he didn't want to hold him. Men. In the evening we, minus one, headed over to an end of summer get together. I was amazed at how the kids have grown and mutiplied. Funny how that happens. Then party ended with the cities display of fireworks, pretty impressive.
Sunday, little girl was returned from her sleep-over. She had a great time with grandma and poppa. Then it was of to church. Our afternoon consisted of lunch and fishing. Well, the boys fished and DD and I watched. we were out most of the afternoon and they only caught 2 non-keepers. So much for fish for dinner.
Today starts a whole new chapter in our lives. Today we officially start school. I have a Kindergartener. I have responsiblities to teach and guide. I am excited. I am also a bit nervous. How will I do? Will I be able to keep up on the house and follow through with all the lesson plans? I think so, but I do wonder about the house. How will everything fit together? Time will tell.
Blogging may be hit and miss for a bit as I fall into a new routine. I am still alive. All is well. Life is just changing in our midst and I am ready to embrace it.

Lord, we give you this school year. I thank you and praise you that you have guided all things. You have provided. I thank you for this precious time with my children. I thank you that you have entrusted them to my care. I accept the call to school them. To teach and guide. To show them more than their ABC's and colors. To show them you. To live out the faith everyday. Holy Spirit, come. Guide me, show me the way. Help me to prioritize all things. Help me to know when it is time for school, time for play and time to clean. Bring balance to this home. Help us to focus on all that is important and let us not be distracted by the evil one. Praise be unto you my Lord. I love you! See this through, in Christ name. AMEN!

4 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

I love the idea of a FREE sale! I want to try this. Do you advertise or just put up signs?

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Glad the sale went well again, and you had a good weekend.

So, how did the first day of school go? :-)

I'm going to call or email Miss Sue to try to make arrangements to meet her and give her those goodies I mentioned. I'll email her shortly, and if I don't hear from her in a while I'll try to call her. :-)

Laura said...

Your prayer was beautiful.

momteacherfriend said...

The last two we did advertise in the paper. Not as a free sale but as a
normal garage sale. I think the last one said something like this:
Address: 9-4 Friday only. Clothes, toys, books, household and much more.
Something for everyone: You won't want to miss it!