Monday, August 07, 2006

Random

Today has been a roller coaster. I have been both up and down. The down got turned around with prayer and a pleasent turn of events...YEAH!

The team for the weekend I am responsible for is nearly complete. Two positions left to be confirmed. With meetings beginning a week from Saturday, things are coming together nicely. Praise God! He has been so faithful through this process, giving answers in unexpected ways. I am telling you...God is good! All the time!

I am constantly amazed at how my son is growing up. Yesterday was a new one for us. My husband mowed the lawn and near the end of it DS rode with him. My hubby realized he was now tall enough to reach the peddles so he had him try it out. They practiced together for a bit then my hubby decided to let him try it BY HIMSELF. My son was thrilled! You could not have wiped that smile off of his face. He did amazingly well. He drove it up and down the yard for over 10 minutes. He loved it. He did so well I could not complain. Instead I grabbed the camara and took some pics. (Blogger not letting me post...perhaps later.)

On Friday I went over to Kellie's. This year she has a huge garden. Huge garden means lots of work. So I went over to help prep for some canning. Kristin was able to join us so the three of us enjoyed ourselves while accomplishing much. We shelled peas and cut beans. Now I used to have a thing about green vegtables. No more. I actually ate a fresh green bean...possible picture to come of that one. It is amazing how friends can make tedious work fun and enjoyable.

The dog is doing ok. She is staying. She still has her moments. Like today she ate 2 rolls of toilet paper while I was on the phone. And as for the more aggressive than I like, I think it is the fact that she is bigger than she knows what to do with. She has yet to learn the concept of gentle. We work on it daily but her big old paws are clumsy. She had also been playing rough with them out in the yard. Taking them down; pinning them. I think we have got the order of dominance worked out and she hasn't tried that in a while. Alot of it is her wanting/demanding attention.

There is a song on the Kidmo CD...it is an awesome worship cd for kids (and their parents). The lyrics of the song say "It's not stuff that I got, it's not clothes that I wear. I know what I am not. I'm not these things, they're just things. I am one of kind. I am totally new. It's in you that I find. Everything, your everything to me." I love this cd. I just discovered you can watch the video. Go to above link the song is #3 Everything.

I am sure there is more random stuff, hanging around but that is what comes to mind. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Wow ,how old is your son? He must have been thrilled! Soon you can have him doing the whole thing. :) and what a sweet time you had with your daughter from your last post..they are such blessigns aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've had such an up-and-down day. How old is your son? Cute that he mowed...here he goes into chores!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Good for your boy! It won't be long before you can give him some responsibilities now. :-)

You know how I love to cook and can, etc. That would be my kind of fun. I love that kind of thing, and having some good company while you work is the icing on the cake. :-)

Kellie said...

I love your updates. I can't get the pics to work yet so SOon I will post them. Eating a bean. Girls in the pool. Great times. I did post the whole expierence however. Love ya.