Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow

Mid-morning I got a phone call that my sister-in-law was going to the hospital to be monitored. She was due for their first baby last Saturday. At noon I got a call that she was going to be induced and to make my way to the hospital. Which I did. I packed an overnight bag, just in case, dropped off the kids and headed over. When I arrived she was dialated to 4 and beginning to experience stronger contractions. At 8:05, my sweet new nephew was born. WooHoo! And I got to cut the cord. The whole birth experience is so amazing! Praise God for a healthy delivery.

Aunt Sarah holding the new bundle of joy. I told him I was going to be his favorite aunt. He didn't complain.

Healthy baby boy! 8lbs 8oz 21inches

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Congratulations, new Auntie!! He's gorgeous! Hope his Mom and Dad are recovering well, LOL. ;D

Your hair sure has grown since you were here in July! :-)

This Journey of Mine said...

What a day! Congratulations Aunt! How fun that you got to cut the cord and be there for his arrival. What a gift!

Laura said...

Oh Congratulations. How exciting..I love being an Auntie but unfortunately my nephew lives far far away :(

Jada's Gigi said...

Oh a sweet new baby! Nothing more amazing that birth. God Bless mommy, baby and aunty too.:)

Overwhelmed! said...

Congrats Auntie! Great pictures. :)

Bek said...

awwwwwwwwwwww!! ya!!! congrats!!!! wow, takes me back to one month ago. :)

Anonymous said...

how precious of a baby! you will be his favorite aunt...i just know it.