Thursday, November 23, 2006

Verses on Thanks

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

1 Chronicles 29:13
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

2 Chronicles 20:21
After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: "Give thanks to the LORD, for his love endures forever."

Nehemiah 12:46
For long ago, in the days of David and Asaph, there had been directors for the singers and for the songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalm 69:30
I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Jeremiah 30:19
From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained.

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Ephesians 5:20
always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:3
I thank my God every time I remember you.

Yes indeed I do, giving thanks!
Have a blessed day, counting your blessings and giving thanks to the LORD Most High!

3 comments:

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Amen! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! :)

BTW...my blog is now hosted at blogger...please stop by and say hello!

Butterfly Mama said...

Thanks for these...a great reference to have them all in one place!!!