Monday, November 20, 2006

Splash of Color


A few weeks back I bought a Splash of Color kit from the Steve Spangler Science catalogue. It is the best $6 I have spent in a long time. With the three primary colors, you can make a full array of colors. Then when your done plop in a few super absorbant polymers and you get colorful jelly globs. On the website the polymers are not listed as being in the kits but we did receive a small bag of them in our kit. I also ordered a couple extra mixing trays so that we can all get in on the fun. They have been such a hit. Last night I watched some kids and we got them out, they loved it. The kids were asking each other how they made the different colors.
Red + Blue= Purple

For those looking for great science materials, whether you homeschool or not, Steve Spangler is the way to go. You can ask for a catalogue online (scroll down and it is on the left sidebar), it took a week or two to arrive in the mail, but when it did it came with an offer for free shipping. WooHoo. My mom has made two orders now and the products have arrived earlier than expected. I get to make my next order tomorrow.....(SMILING HUGE) I love science.

I am momteacherfriend and I approve this ad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like more fun for all.

I am DAD and I approve both the ad and the ad maker.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sounds interesting!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Sarah. What a coincidence! :-)

Sarah from In The Midst Of It at

http://www.inthemidstofit.blogspot.com/

just asked this at her blog:

Does anybody know of a science/nature curriculum for kindergarteners that has easy-to-do units/experiments?

Thanks:)

I thought you might be able to help her. If that link won't work she's listed in my links on my sidebar just above your link.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Thanks for your help, S. I know Sarah appreciates you taking the time to comment and leave her that information, and I do, too.

Hope you all have a grand and blessed Thanksgiving. :-)