Monday, November 13, 2006

Box Top

Life has been a whirlwind of God activity lately. Which in itself has been very awesome. I am very thankful to be in a place of growth and life.
On Friday I found myself awaiting news about the upcoming weekend. We were out most of the afternoon and then I returned to wait by the phone for the final call of wether or not this event was going to take place. I watited and waited and waited. I bite off every nail. I waited and waited some more. I had expected the call early evening and as time went on I found it getting later and later. I left a couple messages for the person I was needing to hear from and TRIED to be patient. At eleven I decided it was time for bed, so I moved the phone into the bedroom and went to bed. Morning came and I waited a bit more and then the phone rang. It was THE CALL. And the news was not exactly what I wanted to hear. The weekend was to be canceled.
God has been preparing me for many things. I have pieces to a puzzle, I know certain things about how things will be. But I only have pieces. I can put a few things together and they make sense. There are other things that I know they are a part of the big picture but I have no clue how they play into it or come to be. I just know that they are a part of it. God is good and His plan is best. I am very confident of this. Accepting the fact that the weekend was canceled was not the hard part for me. I could accept it, I waivered over communicating it. How to tell my team, in a way that glorified the Lord and gave hope rather than grumbling and complaining bringing about desenion. In a breif moment on the phone with my hubby I urged him to pray, which he did. Then I went about the task of calling all of the team.
In conversations with my team I saw many times pieces of this puzzle. I know that this weekend is not the end of the journey. We press forward for the spring where we will see the fruit of our labor. Many times as I discussed with various people I thought of all the puzzle pieces. I would say to them "I wish I had the box top and could see how all this comes together, but I do not. I have pieces and have been called to obey with each piece." That's were I find myself. Obedience. Submission on several levels. I know that the big picture is beautiful. I know it is beyond good. It has to be, for I have seen only glimpses and they are GOOD! So VERY GOOD!
Does anyone have the box top?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God can work in wonderful ways if we just follow Him huh? :)

Anonymous said...

obediance and submission. good point, and great reminder

momteacherfriend said...

In an email from the "big brother" he reminded me that we both know WHO has the box top and all things will be revealed in His time.