Thursday, November 09, 2006

Anointed Songs

Do you have any songs that whenever you hear them, they bring you into the Lord's presence? Something about them lightens your mood. Something about them stirs your spirit. I now have a list on my media player entitled anointed songs. I love media player in that I can rip my music to the computer. Since having young children, it seems that NONE o our CD's go unscathed. It is now my practice when I get a new CD to immediately rip it to media player. And now that I have most of my music on the computer it makes it super easy to make my play lists. And hence the anointed songs playlist. These songs can take me from a bad day to a day of rejoicing in moments. They get my feet dancing, my voice praising and my hands lifted in worship.
Here's my list: (In no particular order)
Let The Worshipers Arise
I Am Free
Sing For Joy
Days of Elijah
I Will Bow To You
Let The Praises Ring
My Savior My God
How Great Is Our God
Made Me Glad
Friend of God

How about you, what songs carry you into the Lord's presence? Please, do share.

8 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

Lately it's been "Worth It All" by Rita Springer. Great song.

Anonymous said...

My favorite song is "Step into the Son Shine" by Evie. It always lifts my spirits and gives me peace. I love her albums!

Sarah Smith said...

"Thy Word" by Amy Grant. Our friend played guitar at our wedding (we didn't have an organist) and I walked down the aisle to him playing and singing that song. Definitely one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

I Am Free is the one that always brings me to tears and gives me chill bumps...it's a song I just have to jump up and sing along with all my lung power!! I love that song.

Linds said...

The power of the cross and There is a higher throne. Go to http://www.keithgetty.com/ and you can hear them. Just amazing.

Linds said...

Cake story is there!

This Journey of Mine said...

I really enjoy a couple of CD's for worship. Currently, I can soak in His prescense with Misty Edwards, Jason Upton, and Kari Jobe. All three just seem to bring peace and help me to truly worship Him.

Bek said...

i too love days of elijah and how great is our God!!!! a few (of the MANY!) of mine: psalm 145 by shane and shane is an awesome one lately....always on His mind by misty edwards.....emmanuel by Isa