Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Snopes is My Friend

Crazy, I know! Three post in one morning after a blogging drought.

This morning I was reading through my Bloglines and found this on Snopes. WooHoo!

For those of you that will not click on links. Let me break it down for you.
If you are a good tax paying individual who submits their Federal Taxes by the April 15th deadline, you will receive the Economic Stimulus payment. If you indicated direct deposit on your return you will receive this Stimulus payment on either May 2, 9 or 16th depending on the last 2 digits of your social security number. All others will be snail mailed between May 16th and July 11th also depending on the main filers last two digits of SSN.

So now if you want to know when your check will be arriving, go look at the chart. Note not the first chart in green, this is outdated from 2001. Scroll down to get the accurate dates for the 2008 Economic Stimulus. You can also go directly to the IRS site with the chart, here.

Woohoo! I am very thankful that these checks will arrive before my summer travel plans. Now I don't need to worry how I will pay for the ever increasing gas prices to get to my family reunion in the UP.

Unfortuantely, these checks do not solve Americas budget and economic crisis. But hey if they are handing it out, I will gladly cash it.

No comments: