Friday, July 28, 2006

The Song of Moses

I have always loved singing. In my house we love to sing. We often use songs to help the kids learn something. Like the days of the week or their names. Today I found in the bible where God told Moses to sing them a song and that they were to remember it. The Lord taught by song. How cool! Deuteronomy 32 is entitled The Song of Moses. Go Read it!
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
He is the Rock, his works are perfect
Remember the days of old
The LORD alone led him
He(Jershrun) abandoned the God who made him and rejected the Rock his Savior.
The LORD saw this and rejected them
for they are a perverse generation, children who are unfaithful.
I(the Lord) will heap calamities upon them
They are a nation without sense, there is no discernment in them.
The LORD will judge his people and have compassion on his servants
He will say: " Now where are their gods, the rock they took refuge in?
Let them(false gods) rise up to help you!
See now that I myself am He!
There is no god besides me.
Above I gave you some highlights. Believe me there is more.

If you read the whole thing you will find it is not a fluff song. It has some harsh words in it.
Rejected, calamities, pestilence, plague, famine, poison, sword, vegence, devours, slain and atonement! Those are some that stuck out to me. Harsh! Why is it today we fluff God? We talk about the nice stuff. Love, grace, peace, hope.... He is all these things, that is for sure! Why is it we never really talk about the fear of the Lord? Why is it that we fear things that we should not...cancer, death, airplanes, nations, poverty? And do not fear the one thing that God TOLD us to fear...himself? The fear of the Lord! Why is it absent today?

I think if I were to sum up what God is teaching me this month it would be this. Fear nothing but me.

America please, turn from your wickedness and return to the Lord. Fear him alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny,I think everyone is afraid to comment! LOL
Most Christians don't understand what it even means to FEAR the Lord.This is an arrogant,prideful nation. Taught not to fear anyone and demanding respect from everyone.Like a greedy,self-centered child. Disrepectful of the Father,who has nothing but love for the child,yet all the child sees is a large hand of correction.
The fear of the Lord is absent in the church because there is a lack of respect and reverence for the Lord. People are literally blinded to the AWESOMEness of God. Sad.