Saturday, July 15, 2006

Opening the Time Vault

Peeking into the Abyss it looked dreadfully scary. The walls are lined with storage shelving, filled and overflowing. When things no longer fit on the shelves they began to line the floor. As more time passed things were randomly and haphazardly thrown in to be out of the way elsewere. So clutter galore. Broken glass. Broken plastic. Stuffy smelling. Scary. Yet it needed to be done so I started one box at a time. This has been my day. Going through boxes, boxes and more boxes. Much has been thrown away. I have reminised. Times past. Some memories nearly forgotten. Pictures that made me laugh. A few letters that made me cry. Cards of romance that wooed me in my courtship with my man. Old prayer lists. Journals. Junk, junk and more junk. Some things I thought were lost forever. Smiles. Laughs. Sighs of exhaustion. Sighs realizing more to be done. Things to be sorted and given away. It must be done. Thankful for unexpected treaure found today.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like a good day. I've been doing some of that too this week, trying to get our house prepared for the new school year that will be here before I know it!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

My outside utility room is my "abyss". It is literally piled to the ceiling with junk...some good junk, some just that...JUNK. I've still got that to look forward to, and going through my kitchen cabinets.

Good for you, S, getting this stuff done. You'll be so proud of yourself and have such a sense of accomplishment when you get done. :-)

Tammy said...

I am visting your site for the first time (staying up much too late blog-hopping!)
I really enjoyed reading a few of your posts- you have a great way with words!
I'm also a homeschool mom and have two daughters, 4 and 7.
I'm going to be bookmarking you...please stop by mine anytime!
Blessings,
~Tammy

Anonymous said...

I do have to say it sounds kind of fun I think!

Jada's Gigi said...

I have stacks of "memory boxes". going through them always has this effect on me...:) It is ggood ot get a grip on the junk though. lol