Thursday, July 13, 2006

Purging

I mentioned a week ago that I would be doing another free sale with a friend of mine. Little did I know what God really has planned, but pieces are falling into place. He has called me to purge. And I mean purge things from our home. If we have not used it in a year...bye bye. If it does not have a specific purpose for the near future...bye bye. If it is excess...bye bye. If it is causing me to compromise to the ways of this world...BYE BYE. Gone. And suprisingly I am very ok with this. I have already taken over 2 loads, and I mean loads of things. As in filled to the brim with only room to breathe. Tubs, boxes, bags, toys... I originally thought the free sale would be tomorrow but after some further discussion it will now be next friday. It seems we need to go room by room of our houses and this will take the extra week. At the beginning of the week I went through the kids rooms. Yesterday was the kitchen. Still to come the living room, bathroom, my bedroom, the basement, the abyss (my pet name for our scary storage room) the laundry room and the shed. I am not the only one that is feeling the need to do this. This is going to be one AMAZING free sale. Yes everything will still be free. The Lord showed me that the driveway will be lined with tables and that there will thousands of dollars worth of items. Yet His work is worth far more than that. Including the work going on in my life. This very necessary purging.

Proverbs 11:24One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.

Matthew 10:8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

5 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

I am so excited for you! Getting rid of all that stuff must be so freeing. I think my house is overdue for some more decluttering. I think I will try to do some this weekend and hopefully find some good things to contribute to the free sale!

Bek said...

awesome. sounds like a 2 in 1. you get purged and your neighbors get blessed!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm in the midst of some major purging myself. Jessica moving out was part of the trigger, and just wanting less STUFF to have to pick up, clean, wash, store, etc. is the rest of it. I've been throwing piles of stuff away and giving bags of things away, too. It's good that you and your friends are sharing with those who have a genuine need. Like bek said, it's a win/win situation. :-)

Anonymous said...

Man that is a great idea.

Laura said...

What a blessing you are...you will touch many lives! Purging is such a freeing process. Definitely one of my favorite pastimes. God bless!