Monday, July 24, 2006

The Joys of Three Year Olds

For awhile little girl was going through some seperation anxiety at church. I would drop her off and she would cry unconsalably until they called for me to come back. There was something about THAT particualr room that caused fear within her. A few Sundays ago I was called out, they had taken her to another room, once in that room she stopped crying. The lady said, she was a completely different child the moment they stepped into that room. The Lord showed me it was a spiritual issue and that I was to pray with her. So with the other one there with me in agreement I took DD's hands and began to pray over her. She returned with me to service. During the close of the service the Lord showed me specific steps to do to help DD in overcoming the fear and having victory over it. I stepped back from my position working with older kids and began immediately working in the three year old room. The Lord showed me to not return her to the other room. So for the past three Sundays she comes with me to the adult service then for the second hour I go to her classroom and work with the three year olds.

For VBS this week I am also with the three year olds. They are such a joy! I am loving being with this age group. They are so curious. They have a free spirit, to sing and dance. They speak the truth. Rice can be soup and play dough a puppet. They are no longer babies but not quite big kids either. They are in the middle of great discoveries. Discovering God, themselves, how the world around them works. Animal crackers and water are the greatest. Each with a distinct personality. It is funny how the boys love to roar, play with cars and show off how strong they are. The girls love the kitchen, playing with babies and house. Both the boys and girls love exploring.

I love kids! I am thankful for this time getting to know DD's friends and see another glimpse of her world. Now if only we could get all the little boys to aim. That would be awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Aiming. I have a little boy I will have to teach....yikes

Kellie said...

I will pray for no fire hoses this week. Love you girl. Have a blast.

momteacherfriend said...

I got pee'd on today! SIGH! I am over it though, I have experienced much worse. Tomorrow his mommy will be taking him to the bathroom.