Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Budding Artists

This last week we have had the privilege of watching some incredible artists. First a gentleman using acrylics at the Home Show. He painted the most beautiful landscapes. We literally watched him for over an hour as he worked on several different pieces. His work was going for $100-$500 and he was selling them as fast as he could paint them.

Next there was a lady at the Fenner Maple Syrup Fest doing lovely watercolor paintings. My boy was fascinated and spent quite a bit of time watching her as she painted. Noticing his interest she offered to let him paint a picture. She talked him through different techniques and showed him how to mix the water and paint. The end result was fantastic.

Keep in mind my seven year old painted this. Here it is...



Needless to say, we have a new found love for painting. We purchased our first true water color paint set. Who knew they came in tubes? This afternoon we set up a littel studio at our kitchen table and the boy taught me what he had learned.

Here is my piece modeled after my sons with a few personal touches.


I learned more in thoese few minutes of instrustion from my son than I ever did in school. It should be fun to see how we progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are amazing!

Anonymous said...

It looks like we have a couple artists now in the family! Beautiful pictures-definitely worth framing! Love you Mom

Anet said...

He's a very good artist and teacher! Have fun painting:)
You know, just the other day I was thinking of taking Noah to Fenner with some watercolors, sitting somewhere and paint. We'll have to do that soon, but I think we'll wait for a few leaves on the trees:)