Thursday, October 18, 2007

Touch

Many mornings one or both of my children crawl into my bed and snuggle with me. This usually turns into a time of back scratching. Oh, how I love to have my back scratched. I ooh and ahh as I wiggle around to get the perfect spot. My kids love having their backs scratched too. They make up silly names for different moves they make. Like the lemon squeezer, swirlies and hammer. Something about touch. We need it. I am a much happier person because of it.
My cat, she is needy too. She loves to get her daily rub downs. She hop up in my lap and wiggles around to get each and every spot that craves attention. I scratch behind her ears and under her chin. She purrs in delight. DD has learned the art of getting the cat to stay and snuggle with her. She knows all her favorite spots.
My favorite spot, the shoulder blades, blasted bras.

How about you?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

One of the plights of a single person...not enough touch. BUT, I love hugs, shoulder and neck massages.