Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Don't Want To Go To Hollywood...

I do want to glorify God with the gifts and talents He has given me.
Yesterday I had a vocal audition with the Worship Arts Pastor at our church. And tomorrow I have a dance audition with him as well.
I woke up yesterday morning, spent some awesome time in prayer. I opened the Word and God have me a beautiful chapter that spoke directly to me. Psalm 25 It speaks about trusting in the Lord and how the humble the Lord will teach His ways. The last several months the Lord has been teaching me many things. Especially in the area of dance. I am not a trained dancer. I took a jazz class in 5th grade where I was one of the most uncoordinated girls in the class. I thoroughly enjoyed the class but only did one semester. It was also fifth grade that I took up the flute and sang in the All-City choir. While I loved to sing, it was the flute that won out. For the next 7 years I played the flute in every band, including marching and symphonic. With my energy going to band activities, I ignored any other performing arts classes at school. I would have loved choir and our high school had one of the BEST dance programs around. With words still ringing in my head that I was not a good dancer I stuck with the band. In high school I joined the gymnastics team. Since it was an underdeveloped team, there were no cuts and I made the team. Since the team was small, every one was encouraged to do all the events. Vault, bars, beam and floor. On floor I started out with the basic skills, I had little dance ability. Yet it was something I enjoyed so I worked hard. "Sarah point your toes" was something I heard continuously. By my senior year I had noticed tremendous improvement. It was my senior year that I accepted Christ and began on my path of living life for Him. What a journey! This spring I received some prophetic words from not just one but almost 10 different people that I was to dance for the Lord. That I was a dancer for the Lord and a praise and worshiper with song and dance. Me, the one who was uncoordinated and struggled to complete a graceful floor routine a dancer? That night I experienced a touch from the Lord. My feet went from the tips of my toes to most of the way up my calves went tingly. At first I questioned if my feet had fell asleep. I tried to lift them off the floor but they were almost cemented. I could not move them. The sensation lasted somewhere between 5-10 minutes and it was at that time the Lord spoke to me and said "I am teaching your feet to dance." Halleluia!
The training has been in my living room. Dancing before my Lord, just me and him. Slowly I ventured out and expressed myself in worship at Visions with dance. Gradually he has been teaching me different things. The Mesianic dance, is it a part of it? The Lord has given me glimpses of what and how. Other things are very gray. I do not know what exactly this all looks like. I do know I am to be obedient in all things he asks of me. Including the dance.
Part of me is terrified. Part of me remembers the 10 year old girl who wanted to dance like the other girls and felt so incompetent. And then the Lord speaks into me, "I am training you. This is your weakness but by my strength you can do all things. This is for my glory. When you dance for me it is beautiful. I love your dance. Do not fear the thoughts of man and his judgment. Dance."
So tomorrow I will dance for man. An audition. The worship leader as well as two other dancers will be there . I know on my own strength I can not dance but for the Lord and with his strength I can. I pray the anointing will be over me. That the Lord will lead the dance. That those there will be touched. For the dance I dance is more than a performance it is a ministry in it's birth. By dance people will be set free and strongholds broken. Miracles will happen as a result of the dance. Let it be so Lord, let it be so.
So pray for me tomorrow if I come to your mind. I appreciate any and all prayers on behalf of the dance.
Oh and the vocal audition was awesome, "Lovely, lovely, beautiful voice, easy to listen to." The conversation was also fantastic. I know that the Lord had yesterday as the foundation for tomorrow. I know that he has all the details and I am to not fear. Trust. Like the old hymn, "Trust and obey for there's no other way."
And I am clinging to the verses he showed me yesterday...
Psalm 26: 11-12
11But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
12
My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So "Good Luck" is probably not the appropriate terminology to use here...but have fun and know that all things work out for God's glory!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you!

Karen Hossink said...

How wonderful! To sing for the Lord, to dance for the Lord, to do all things for Him - THIS is to live!
Praying for you...

Bek said...

this is awesome, sarah. as you know dance is CLOSE to my heart (and feet). one AMAZING resource I've read on the subject is a skinny little blue book called "Dancing into the Anointing" by Aimee Verduzco Kovacs. go for it, girl. you sound like the Lord has already encouraged you, but i'll do the same. YOU CAN DANCE! we are created in His image and He is a dancing God! in Him, we live and MOVE! and no matter what man says or does, God's word says, "LET THEM praise His name with Dancing!" the high praises are powerful warfare. they kick the enemy in the teeth. (well, thats my version) :) anyway, have an AWESOME audition tomorrow in Him. LOVE HIM WITH ALL OF YOUR STRENGTH!!!! and the anointing will come. let me know how i can be of further encouragement to you in the dance.

Donna said...

If God said, then it will be! audition will be perfect!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, so much talent! God is so good. I pray you are calm and peaceful and in God's presents during this time.

Hugs to you! It sounds exciting!

Anonymous said...

I found you! Just wanted to stop by and say Hi, I'm so glad I ran into you at the Y! I'm going to talk to my husband about taking that Weights class when he gets home tonight. See you soon!