Sunday, January 07, 2007

Behind on Bloglines

Wow! I went this morning to check bloglines. Apparently I have not checked them at all this week because there was 233 posts. How can I be that behind on my blog reading? And how can 33 different bloggers have written 233 posts? There was a few duplicate posts and some reposts. Still that is a whole lot of reading I need to get caught up on.
Having the computer downstairs is changing my computer time. I spend considerably less time on it. On Tuesday of last week I did not go to the computer EVEN ONCE. That is incredible for me. I came down Wednesday and it was then that I realized I had not even glanced at it the day before. It was an odd realization.
There are times when it is much less convenient to have it down here. Like when I am cooking and need to confirm the recipe. Or when I want to check the budget. Pay bills. (Took me a few days to get down and get them done.) That is not normal. Usually we get paid and everything is done within a couple hours.
I miss some of my Instant Message buddies. Before it was always on and we could pop in a quick (or not so quick) hey and see how they were. Now it is hit and miss.
It seems like my priority is checking mail and responding to those. Then put up a post. I really do not want to be so behind on others blogs. Then again it is good to not be so dependent on the computer and having the balance I have been praying about for the last year.
So to all of my fellow bloggers. I love ya. I have not completely forgotten you. I am making my rounds and will continue to do so. It may be less frequent. I hope not too much so.
That's how things are going with having the computer down. Ya take the good with the bad. And the bad is not all that bad.

Update: I finally got caught up on bloglines. Yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have actually just been getting the hang of Bloglines and it has really helped me manage my computer time and allow me to conitnue to maintain my blog friendships...it is amazing how fast it can spiral out of control isn't it..in just a day or two even. Also, I tend to lose links whenever I spruce up my template and this allows me to never "forget" a favorite blog ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad your finding balance. I have been shutting down lately too and just signing on once a day (with a specified amount of time in mind). When I first started this...I had to shut the door in the computer room (out of sight out of mind). Now that I am use to the change it's not hard to do.

I can imagine the move downstairs with the computer has been helpful in finding balance. I think in a few weeks you will have a system worked out and balance a part of your life.