Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Dance

At my weight class today I went light on legs as I did not want to overdo it. Something in me said I should at least be able to walk and preferably dance for the audition. At the end of class my trainer said the most beautiful thing to me. "You are going to do great, it's anointed and appointed." I had never put the two words together but I loved that she shared that with me. I do not know where she stands spiritually but she blessed me.
I arrived at the church, took off my coat and put on my dance shoes. I began to stretch when the Worship Arts pastor came out and invited me into his office. He had just finished one dance audition and wanted to include me in the discussion about music. A short while later I was off to the large children's room where the dance audition would take place. We talked about dance and after a few minutes we were joined by his assistant. After a few more questions and answers it was time to dance. I danced to Phillips, Craig and Dean's Let The Worshipers Arise. When it was done they were both smiling and said it was beautiful. That the dance told a story. We talked more, I shared some Davidic dance steps. Then we talked even more. In a few weeks I will be joining the praise team on a Thursday night as we venture into what our next steps will be.
Praise the Lord for His hand in all of this. For whom the son sets free shall be free indeed. My prayer is that more and more will be free to worship the King. Including worship Him with dance.
Thanks everyone for your prayers! The Lord is good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God - He is faithful indeed.

Bek said...

so excited for you!! so is your praise dance team just starting? i'd love to hear what the Holy Spirit is forming over there in michigan.

KelseyChristine said...

Congratulations! The dance sounds beautiful :-)

Kellie said...

Great day. Love you. Tell me more later.

Kellie said...

Great day. Love you. Tell me more later.

mommyofangels said...

Awesome. I'm happy for you. May your dancing be a blessing to those who will be able to see and enjoy it.