Monday, January 22, 2007

Retracting a Previous Statement

On Saturday three families from our small group decided to go to the YMCA together. We skated, climbed the rock wall and swam. It was a great time.
When it was time for the rock wall most of us signed the waivers to climb. Once harnessed we tackled the wall, one by one. Climb one for me was on course one, no problem. The kids climbed, DS scrambled up like Spiderman a couple of times. I decided I would brave the second course, it couldn't be that much harder than the first, right? Wrong. I struggled my way up. The incline was steeper, the grips smaller. Finding a good grip was a challenge. I eeked my way up with an occasional boost from the belayer. It was tough stuff. Finally I reached the top and rang the bell.
Here is the retraction. The day before hubby did not just barely beat me, he schooled me. He was on course two which I found to be incredibly difficult but he sailed up it with no problems. So I just wanted to set the record straight, hubby is a much better climber than I gave him credit for.
Way to go, babe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't done that before.....

Anonymous said...

Man oh man ..... Where were these walls when I was your age?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah i remember the that wall at the jacksons y. i went there when i was a girl scout, i even have pictures. i have climbed the wall at Galayans (the sports store at the meridian mall) and i also climbed the wall at mall of america, i love to rock climb but havent be able to do it because of the weight gain. i cant wait for the day when im in shape and i can climb again