Friday, November 17, 2006

Yummy!!!

One of my favorite meals is Applebee's Orange Chicken. Orange chicken PERIOD. I love it. At Wal-Mart I found Asinnovation in the freezer section, it is good stuff. Then I decided to get brave and make it myself. My mom found this recipe Applebees Crispy Orange Chicken Bowl. Y U M M Y!!!! At first glance I wondered what in the world hoisin sauce was, then I found it in our major grocery. It is a red asian sauce and should be available in any international aisle of your large grocery store. Today Mindy came over for lunch and we prepped 4 lbs of chicken and a single serving of sauce. We ate our full and then froze what was left. I froze it as cooked crispy chicken so that I can choose whether I want to prepare it as orange chicken or sweet and sour.
Served over rice then sprinkled with slivered almonds.........so tasty.

If you love orange chicken this recipe is definately worth trying. If I can do it.....anyone can. Seriously!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. that sounds so good to my pregnant tummy....

did you get your pics from me yet?

knittindaisy said...

yummm!!! that sounds delish! orange chicken is one of my fave dishes. applebee's orange chicken is very good. i'll have to try that.
my all-time favorite orange chickens is from panda express. used to get it all the time at MSU. but as there is none near me, i haven't had it in a long while.

Mindy Richmond said...

Oh. My. Word. That orange chicken was so unbelievably delicious, I am still telling everyone about it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this recipe!! One of the goals for the new year, to preclude our obsessive eating out habits...is to find the recipes of all our favorite restaurant meals and create them at home...thanks for getting me off to a great start!!!

Butterfly Mama said...

This sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this recipe website.
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like chicken!