Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Kids and Government

Today during discussion time DS and I talked about presidents, govenors, election day, voting and such. Interesting conversation with a 5 year old.
ME: Who is the president?
DS: I don't know
ME: He is the man that makes desicions for our country, the United States
DS: No, God does

Daniel 2: 20-21
20 "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.
21 He changes times and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.

emphasis mine.

DS joined me at the voters booth. The system of voting has changed. No more brads. Connect the arrow of your choice and it is digitally read. Interesting.
Go vote! And talk to your kids about what today means. They get more than you think.

4 comments:

Margo said...

I took Stephen with me today to vote. I spent a couple of minutes telling him about what we were doing, and ended my explanation with the words, "...and so we're going to go help decide who gets to be in charge." He then said to me, "Oh, you mean like superman?!"

Ms. Kathleen said...

I have voted today, very early in fact. It was in a log cabin church in Nemo in the Black Hills. We filled in the little circles, no fancy polling boothes up here.

Anonymous said...

I think you meant no more chads....LOL

momteacherfriend said...

Anonymous...that's funny.
Brads, Chads, there were neither of them there.