Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Lunch

The Lord is so good. A few months ago I wondered what he was thinking as I looked around the table at the faces of the women in my new small group. No offense here, but I really wondered how these lives meshed together and what His plan for the group was. Our table leader is 3 score and 10 as she would say and I had no clue what that meant until I met her. She is a hoot. Last week I received an invitation to join her for lunch. I gladly accepted. Today was lunch. We met and as we looked over menus it was a bit of an awkward silence. After we placed our orders it quickly turned to chatting. And the awkwardness was gone. I shared about my husband, his employment and blessings in his work and faith. She shared about her faith, how it has grown and how much the Spirit means to her. I fell in love with her as we talked. I found myself getting excited talking about things that have been on my heart. And having someone to share them with that has been there and completely gets it. We bantered back and forth as we shared what the Lord was doing, what He has done and how we want to be used by Him. She shared of her daughters healing. Her belief that gifts are alive and well. And the work of the Spirit in the behind the scenes of my church. I could not help but get excited as things within me were affirmed. It was such an encouraging time and left feeling very blessed.

Thank you Lord for bringing a Titus 2 woman into my life, for such a time as this. Thank you for the work you are doing within my life and the life of your church. I love you!

2 comments:

Bek said...

a titus 2 lunch....what a blessing....

Anonymous said...

How awesome, so glad to hear this! God always gives us what we need in the perfect timing.