Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Snippets and a Challenge

Last night my kids crashed out in the car as we were running errands. So I came home put them to bed and convinced my hubby to stay with them while I went shopping. It was unbelievable! I do not know how long it has been since I shopped alone. Amazing. I went to three stores in just over an hour and got everything I needed. Woohoo!

This morning I told DS we were going to learn how to count by 5's. I turned around to get something and he starts. 5, 10, 15, 20 , 25, 30 , 35, 40...all the way to 100. My mouth dropped, it took me completely offguard. I had mentioned a month ago counting by 5's, once. And not mentioned it again. That was probably the easiest thing I have taught him yet. He proceeded to do it about 10 more times. Shock value, he got a kick out of it. Of course we had to call dad and grandpa.

When we were out today with my mom, we stopped off at the river. She had been saving all sorts of bread items for the "ducks." There were a few seagulls and geese on the water. We plopped down the grocery bag full and begin to throw stuff out to them. Then literally out of the woodwork came hundreds of birds. Ducks, geese and tons of seagulls. They seemed happy to see us.

Today was a gorgeous day. In the 50's after being in the 30's for a few weeks. We spent a couple hours outside putting things away and throwing away trash. The next couple days are suppose to be nice as well although the night and early morning are below freezing. I will take any warmth we can get.

The other night hubby came across an addicting game, Road Block. The first night we played it we got stuck on level 14 and wondered if the creators of the game had a twisted sense of humor. It did not seem to have any solution so we began to think there was no solution. We went to bed without solving level 14. Then the next night we started at it again and finally figured it out. Well hubby did, he's smart like that. We then continued on until one in the morning playing the game and finally got to the end. Any one up to a challenge? Play this game and let me know when you reach the end. The first to respond with the ending level well earn my respect. Dad you need not apply, I already know you figured it out. And you already have my respect.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I don't think I can figure out the game but I am sure my 15 year old son will have it figured out in no time at all.

Shopping alone! I so enjoy that and like you when the kids were little it was unheard of. Now it is a yearly pleasure.

God Bless your holiday!

Anonymous said...

This is an excellant puzzle set. She let me in on it while they were in progress the second night. I finished it at 2:05 A.M. ... HIGHLY recommend. Very addictive.

Sarah Smith said...

Oh my, I couldn't really focus on anything in your post except for the warm weather you're enjoying... Ah, for a day with temps at all above freezing... Ah, for a day with temps in the *double digits*, for goodness sake, I think I might give my left arm. Not my right arm, mind you, as that one is particularly useful, but my left one, I'd consider it. High/low today in Anchorage: 8F/-2F. That doesn't include wind chill. Brrrrr...

I'll have to check out the puzzles. My in-laws are coming tonight for Thanksgiving (while hubby is away, eek!) Wish me luck!