Monday, November 06, 2006

The Pro's and Con's of Blogging

It has now officially been a year of blogging. 12 months documented. Written forever in cyberspace. For or against me it is there. Highlights, daily life expressed, my spiritual journey, moments of triumph, moments of struggle. Written, typed. Mostly from the heart. Some for the pure fun of it. Some things shared because they were too good to keep to myself. I love blogging, I really do! Perhaps at times too much.
Here is a list of pro's and con's for me.

Pro's
An outlet to express my thoughts
A place to share pictures
A collection of my favorite pictures
Snippets of life in the moment, that I can look back on and remember
A ministry and light for Christ
Meeting people I would have otherwise never met
Positively influencing others
Thoughts written to reread and gain better understanding of what you are experiencing
Real life people given non-threatening way to understand my stances on life
Comments/ Affrimation
Reading other blogs, gaining knwledge and life expereince through the eyes of another
Being a voice
It is forever recorded

Con's
Too much time on the computer
Seeking others approval
Real life people know what is going on in your life and LESS likely to contact you, be it phone or in person
Vunerable to others opinions of you and their judgments placed on you
My tendancy to place blogging at a higher priority than it should be
Posts can be misinterpreted and cause misunderstandings
Need to protect identity, filtering all info released as it is very public
It is forever recorded

I am sure there are more.
As I enter into my second year of blogging. I will press on. I desire to write more under the anointing. I desire to place God first, then family, then blogging. I desire to honor God in all I say and do. I desire to be a light here in cyberspace. Sharing this life, that is uniquely mine. Thanks for joining me in the journey.

7 comments:

Carina said...

I've just started my own little bloglet, but I've noticed some of the same pros and cons. Several things I've wanted to write, and then thought, wait, what if that person begins reading someday and checks the backlogs. Scary. It's a good way for God to teach us to hold our tongues/keys!! =)

Anonymous said...

I so agree w/your pros and cons list. I still go back and forth about whether to keep doing it, how much, etc., but for now I'm continuing. So far, the good has outweighed the bad...like finding a great penpal. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been a year since you started this. Hope you have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE blogging! :) Happy 12 months to you!

This Journey of Mine said...

I am thankful that you blog! I always appreciate your posts! Happy 1 year!

Bek said...

happy one year. and it is forever recorded, but you can always delete it, too, if you want. :)

Margo said...

These are all so true!

The biggest con for me is time spent on the computer. God has really been dealing with me about that lately.