Friday, November 10, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday began a little early as we got most of school done before I went to my morning bible study. I had missed last week so I was a week behind in my homework. I went, listening to discussion. It is not as strict at some were you can not speak if you have not completed your study but I went in to listen. Interesting chapter and conversation. I will definately need to get caught up on it. I commented once to a personal response. Trembling in the spirit. I love it when I know that I know the spirit is leading me. It feels so much better to speak from the spirit than from the flesh. Just following that, the DVD teaching began. Beth Moore's Daniel, session six. She started off by talking about how we can react in an emergency situation. I will quoted her here in saying, "In a situation I can panic, paralyze or pray." She made us repeat it after her about 5 times. So I will repeat it again here for the fun of it. "In a situation I can panic, paralyze or pray."
It was about that moment that I had a lesson within a lesson. The Lord showed me again the dream I had a few weeks ago. This time I was actually in the room where the dream took place. And I imagined the whole scene play out. I could see the people around me. Some paniced, others paralyzed and some prayed until we were all released to pray the blood of Jesus. Then I went on a spiritual download. The spirit was revealing to me and I wrote at the top of my notebook. "*Spirit says reprograming response, call in the angels, plead the blood of Jesus." I sensed he was saying you are reprogramming your responses. Over the last week I had reactions and stopped and said that is the old response. I am on this whole thought tangent while Beth is still teaching.
Minutes later Beth says in papraphrase according to my notes... changing your old pattern to a new pattern. Wouldn't it be nice to react in the spirit, defaulting into the things of the spirit. Rather than defaulting to old patterns. Our old patterns could be new patterns, they can change.
Wow!
The whole teaching was great and I wrote a whole other tangent of notes as the spirit was really confirming some things he has been showing me all week. Why is it I need to hear both from the spirit and the world to really get it? Maybe this is how God deals with me. Anyway I am to be thankful in everything! And to look for the good to praise...sound familiar J?

The day would have been great if it would have ended there. It got better. I had agreed to go with my mom to a craft show in the afternoon. I was not sure exactly why I was going. Crafts are nice but I really don't get into them all that much. I do enjoy the time with my mom and the kids like to look at different things. So we went. Here in Michigan we have home craft shows were the community has an oppurtunity to open their home and their crafts to the public. There are usually 20 or so that you can drive from one house to another. Mom stopped at one she knew she wanted to see and then it was off to McDs. As we drove I read the brouchere of the other home crafters. There was one in particular that caught my eye. A former teacher, one of my favorite teacher's. Not only that but the VERY DAY BEFORE I was thinking about her. Ironic, ha.
After the main craft show we drove over to her home. Beautiful. Gardens upon gardens. She rememered me. We chatted. It was such an enjoyable conversation. Before we left she invited us to come back in the summer when everything is in full bloom. We will definately be taking her up on that offer. We ended the conversation with a "Toodles." Her trademark good-bye.

In the evening I was left with hope diminishing on an upcoming weekend. I noticed I have an emotional wall up, in regards to that event. I have not given up hope yet, but today will be the final call on wether or not it will happen this fall or be pushed to the spring. Some were speaking in the past tense, as if it were already canceled. It is hard to remain believing when others have already given up. Yet somehow I am still open to God moving mightily TODAY. Even if the numbers do not come in. I am not disappointed in Him. All things for a reason. All things in His time. Yet I would REJOICE, oh how I would REJOICE if it comes back as a go.

Today I await a call. While I mull over everything the Lord was showing me yesterday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew who you were talking about as soon as you wrote about "gardens"...Tell her "Hi" from me, and "Toodles" as well. I run into her once in a while out and about, I love chatting with her!

Sarah Smith said...

Ohmigoodness, I knew which teacher you were talking about with the gardens and the "Toodles," too! She was absolutely my favorite teacher, ever. Tell her I said hi!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Ain't God amazing?? I'm glad He's growing you, S. :-)

Miss Sue called me Thursday morning. She has been sick with pneumonia, bless her heart, so she hasn't been able to meet me to give me the food processor. We're supposed to meet next Wednesday, Lord willing.

Hope all is well in your world, S.

PS: You haven't said anything about your dog in a good while. How are things working out with her??

Ms. Kathleen said...

I love that Beth Moore study on Daniel. It is so inspiring.

It is wonderful you live near your Mother. I miss my Mom a lot. It is about a 14 hour drive so when I do visit I fly and try to stay at least 4 or more days.

God is good!