Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Response to Changing Comments

Tonight I saw a friend at a community event. She said, "Sarah, I need to apologize to you." I thought what on earth do you need to apologize for. Then she explained. She said had thought Sarah is not an organized person, if she can homeschool, then maybe I could. She read the blog and felt convicted for passing judgement. She asked for forgiveness, which I gave. In fact I told her it just attest all the more to how I have changed.
On Monday, I met with a friend that I would consider my accountabilty partner. She knows the ugly stuff, she knows how I struggle to keep the house clean. She is beginning to teach her kids preschool and she just wanted a sounding board. So I came with all my stuff. She shared with me her plan. Then I shared with her mine. At one point she said "Wow Sarah, you are so organized. I am impressed." Coming from her, the queen of organization, I thought...hmmm maybe it is true.
Sarah- Thanks for the comment! Thanks for serving our country. May the Lord bring you safely home. And you did more than graduate with honors, if I remeber correctly you did so as Salutatorian. I found my senior book a few weeks ago and I had you listed as most likely to succeed. Feel free to email, I would love to chat with you.
Diane- I am so excited about Miss Sues coming. And even more so knowing she is bringing goodies. Glad to know I am not the only one who hasn't "arrived". (wink)
Jada's Gigi- I can not even begin to describe the change. I know somethings were nearly instantaneous. Others have peeled away over the years. I think of myself in highschool and I was sarcastic; mean. For what? I am oh so thanful, He got a hold of me.
Updated: On Fire For Him- Wow- She responded on her blog. Go check it out. http://onfireforhim-thoughts.blogspot.com/2006/08/i-am-changed.html

My own thoughts; rambling on the matter- There is a differnce between domestic organization and administrating. While I have not given up hope to have a home in perfect order, I think the Lord keeps working on me in this area. I think homeschooling falls more under the administrative. I do think that with my personality a cirriculm is a must. With a basic structure to follow, I can execute it. I am a researcher. I love digging deeper. Finding facts. Seeing things from different angles. It is enjoyable for me to do research. I can find resources galore. I can network. I can come up with agendas. I can follow agendas. I recently discovered I am gifted as a pastor/ shepard. I am still learning what this means. I am writing this to look back on in a few years and to see...how much more I have changed.

No comments: