Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lesson Manuel

The cirriculum that was given to me by my friend was missing the teacher manuel. My thoughts originally was "this is Kindergarten, I am sure I can piece it together." Then I started looking at all the material and was not so sure how to proceed. So we searched the internet and Ebay came through. They had the lesson manuel. I placed a bid and left for camping. When I returned I found I had been outbid. Doh. Then I got a pleasent phone call. My friend knew that I was out of town so she bid for me. And won. She had made sure she wasn't outbidding me. I did not ask her to do this, she just did it. I am so thankful for her. It arrived yesterday afternoon. I was suppose to be cleaning my house but instead I thumbed through the manuel. 160 lessons. Thats what I found. So I got out the calander and counted it out. If we start the day after labor day we will be doing school every weekday until middle of May. With 4 weeks for winter and spring breaks.
Today I will take a deeper look at to what the lessons entail. Make a general plan. Look through the lessons to see if there are any supplements that I want to use or subtitutions I feel necessary.
"Lord, guide this process. Show me what to do and how to accomplish all that you would have me accomplish this school year."

4 comments:

knittindaisy said...

what a thoughtful friend.

Wendy said...

Hope you have a great school year! What a great friend you have!

This Journey of Mine said...

MTF - Would you mind sharing which one you are using? We are planning on homeschooling, but not so intensely this year, as he is only 4. So, any recommendations would be great!

Thank you!
BTW - I really enjoy your blog! It is encouraging and fun to read. I love how you love the Lord and reflect that in all that you write about!

Anonymous said...

what a great friend! i hope the lessons go well