Monday, October 16, 2006

You know you have great friends...

When they read your blog and they call and offer to help you clean your home with you! THANK YOU Kristen!

The day was productive. I found myself drawn to the computer a couple of times only to see that the screen was indeed black. The moments I am most vunerable to veg in front of the computer are first thing in the morning, after school or when whining has accelerated. I will be trying out different methods of self-control over the next few days. We shall see how that goes.

My son did something rather amazing tonight. The three of us decided to go out to dinner. DD and I wanted Famous Taco...I love Famous Taco. Really I love all Mexican food. So it was set, that is what was decided. Half way there my son says (in a pleasent manner) that he did not want tacos, he wanted to go to dinner with grandma and grandpa. He was not arguementative or whining, just stating his case. He was trying to convince us to go with grandma and grandpa too. But little girl and I had our minds on tacos and salsa and tostados and...you get the point. As we pulled into the parking lot of Famous Taco, I could tell he was disappointed so I said "How about a deal? You come into Famous Taco with us and if you do not eat one single bite of food here, I will let you go with grandma and grandpa to dinner. Is it a deal?" He asked "What about chips and salsa?" "Not a single bite!" "Hmmm...OK...deal!" So we walked in, as we passed by the gumball machine, he asked, "How about gum?" "Not a single bite." "OK, I know, I know." We sit down. The chips and salsa arrive at the table. Little girl and I dig in. I look over at him, testing his resolve. "You sure you don't want to eat chips and salsa." "No." He distanced himself away for a bit. The waters came and at first he didn't even want a sip from that. I assured him, drinking the water would be fine. So he did. Then he came over and sat near me. "Well they do look good. I would eat chips and salsa, but I am not going to." He didn't touch them. The meal came. He didn't waiver. He had decided he was not going to partake in this food. The meal ended and he stood firm on his decision. He paid our bill and left. A smile of accomplishment on his face. He arrived to grandma and grandpa's and they were more than willing to take him to dinner. After, I went home for some money, I joined them for dessert. A carmel brownie sunday...yum!
So I was really proud of my boy today, apparently he has some self-control. Maybe I should ask him his secret.

1 comment:

owlhaven said...

Oh, now I am hungry for Mexican food...

Mary