Monday, October 23, 2006

Worth Mentioning

Here are some of my favorite site's:

Starfall is the best when it comes to phonics. Even my three year old can handle this site. It is meant for kids to do it hands on, so it shows them where to click by using spakling stars. If you have children ages 3-8 you must check out this site.

Teacher2Teacher Teacher/parent resouce. I am using the sight word cards with my son.

Steve Spangler has some of the coolest experiements EVER!! He is the guy that discovered the diet coke and mentos reaction. He has a complete online science store and I have subscribed to his weekly science experiment e-mail. I love it. My mom and I just sent in an order for some stuff and I can not wait for it to arrive. I ordered this and these. And my wish list is quite large.

Handwriting for Kids has some great reproducible worksheets. Print their already designed sheets or make your own. I discovered today they have some bible verses and King's Kids verses to print. Very cool.

Listen to children's stories online on this site, Storynory or download them for free to an Ipod for car trips. I love that you can see the whole transcript of the text so you can know what the story is about before your children listen to it. You can also subscribe as they add at least one story a week.

These are some of my favorites, check them out I think you will enjoy them as well.

How about you, any sites you know of that are worth mentioning?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great science site.
http://www.backyardnature.net/index.html

Margo said...

Thanks!! I'll be sure to check those out and pass the word to a friend of mine who I know will be excited about them.

mommyofangels said...

I love starfall. Unfortuately we got rid of our internet at home to save money.... But I do print out the the printables for my girls...
I will check out the site where you can download stories to your ipod great idea.