Thursday, September 28, 2006

Anybody Curious??

If you have not yet taken my little quiz from yesterday, go there now. You back? let's see how you did....

1 Where did Sarah meet her husband?
The correct answer C. A Niteclub Visions Christian niteclub where I am serving once again.

2. How old was Sarah when she got married?
A. 20 I had my birthday 3 weeks before so I was a young 20.

3. What was the first thing DH said to me?
D. Do you want to be my Foosball partner? I said yes. We played the whole night. After that night he kept coming back to see me. I was gone to family reunions and camping the next couple weeks. When I returned we were a force to be reckoned with on the foosball table.

4. Our first date was:
A An all nighter B At a baseball stadium C Talking at Denny's D All of the above
After Visions one Friday night, we went to the "guys house", we talked, we sang songs, it was already late. He walked me out to my car and we just kept talking and talking. Then he decided to take me to see where he worked. It was at the local minor league baseball, where he was an assistant clubhouse manager. He gave em the tour of the clubhouse (locker room), the dug out and let me run the bases. YEAH! After that we decided to go to Denny's and talk some more. After all, we didn't want to stop talking. So we talked until it was nearly sunrise, then decided to meet up together and with some of our friends to play frisbee golf a few hours (4) later. We went home, slept 3 hours then went on to spend most of saturday together as well.

5. He asked me to be his girlfriend:
B. While playing Putt- Putt
The top of this page says Will you be ...then the bottom you can see...my girl? Ok you can't see because blogger pictures is not working. Will try again later. I have more pics to share. So blogger...cooperate.

6. He asked me to be his wife:
A. In the church parking lot
Now that alone may not sound romantic but the whole story is. We were riding together to go to Visions on a January Friday night. He was talking very casually about things and decided to take a detour to show me what he meant. Well I thought we were heading to the mall. We ended up at the church parking lot. OK? It had just begun to snow. It was dark, so he turned on his high beams. Asked me to step out of the car. With butterfly kisses playing loudly in the Jeep, we danced in the light of the high beams with snow falling all around. While we danced he unhooked the ring from inside his sleeve. When the song was over he sat me down on the front bumper of the Jeep. Got down on one knee. And asked for my hand in marriage. Then we went to Visions and proclaimed the news to all our friends.

7. Our engagement lasted:
B. 8 months Long enough for me!

8. What one thing drove my mother crazy about my wedding plans?
B. Barefoot Bride


9. At our reception:
A. People fed the goldfish
Our centerpeices where globes with colored pebbles, goldfish and a candle. I know "ahem" that some people fed them peices of bread from dinner.

10. We honeymooned:
C. On an island in Florida
We had a beautiful honeymoon! Complete with our own private home, beach walking, deep sea fishing, Phantom of the Opera and more!

5 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

I remember the goldfish. Sadly, some of them died from smoke inhalation.

Anonymous said...

sarah i got 6 out of 10 right so that means i get a prize. U said if i got 5 right i would and i got 6. hehheh.....danielle

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, i find it weird, that u too spend time at dennys talking and then talked til the sun can up on ur first date. matthew and i did the same thing. we went to a movie that i payed for and in return he took me to dennys for dinner then we talk to about 6:30 in the morning and matt had to go to work that day. after he got out of work we spend the rest of the day together too. HOW WEIRD????

Bek said...

similarities: my engagement was also 8 months and we also honeymooned on an island in FL - santa rosa to be exact...funny about the goldfish and fun hearing your answers!!!!!! i gusssed some right.......

momteacherfriend said...

Danielle- You did good. I guess I will watch your little guy for you so you can get a break. (wink)

Bek- Cool on the similarities.

Mindy- You're silly.