Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Our School Today

We have had different people ask us what our school day looks like. So today we took pictures as we went.
We always start the day with praise and worship, prayer and putting on the armor. After that it is off to the table. And goes something like this:


Red+Blue=Purple

Cut and paste all things purple

DD playing with blocks

Inside, outside, left and right

Caps For Sale- sequencing

100 Easy Lessons- Reading and writing.

Recess- Play and snack. Smooties. Yummy

Impromptu music

Calendar- We say date. Count to date. Sing days of the week. Spell various words.

Sequencing- Drawing pictures of things he did today.
Ordering pictures.

Hide and seek. Find using position words. Inside, outside, beside, on.

We also did Science. Using your senses.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like a great day!

How are you liking 100 easy lessons. I think I already told you, but we really liked them. After lesson 60 or so my son needed a little extra motivation, so we did a sticker chart and after 5-10 (we mixed it up) readings he could pick something out at the dollar store.

I have noticed that my kids are much more motivated too when I use a timer for certain things. This adds a little competition I guess.

heather j said...

This makes me want to go back to school. Looks like you are making learning very fun!

Overwhelmed! said...

What a great job you appear to be doing with making learning fun!

I loved the pictures (the last one was particularly cute), thanks for sharing!